Helpful Resources

Parents received a system message about Interim K-9 resources and activities to engage children in, for the time prior to the scheduled spring break. You can access the resources here.

These activities are easy to do at home using common materials and are engaging for students and families. 

We also suggest home reading and home journal writing. Write about such topics as:

  1. I am very proud because…
  2. I am afraid to_______ because…
  3. Name one thing you do really well and describe it in detail.
  4. What is your favorite room in your home and why?
  5. Describe what it means to be a good neighbor?
  6. What is your favorite time of day and why?
  7. Describe your best day ever? Give lots of details explaining why.
  8. How do you deal with people who bug you?
  9. What excites you and why?
  10. Describe your favorite hobby.
  11. What is your favorite song and why?
  12. Climbing trees is…
  13. I wish trees could_____________ because….
  14. I want to be a ________ when I grow up. Then I will….
  15. I wish there were a law that said ___________ because…
  16. I wish I could ___________ because…..
  17. Older people are…
  18. Younger people are…
  19. Name your favorite book and why?
  20. Walking in the rain is…
  21. For lunch today…
  22. If I were a raindrop I’d….
  23. If I were a turtle, I’d…
  24. If I were a ________, I’d…
  25. Pretend that you can fly whenever you wanted.  Where would you go?
  26. Pretend that there is no such thing as television.  What do you do with all of your time?
  27. My favorite stuffed animal or toy is…
  28. Imagine if cows gave green pop instead of milk!  What would the world look like?
  29. Imagine that all the streets are rivers?  How do you get around?
  30. What would happen if it really did rain cats and dogs?
  31. Use descriptive words like amazing, incredible, outrageous, super-fun or mind-blowing while writing about your favorite activity of all time.
  32. Let’s go _______________.  Describe your adventure.
  33. Write a letter to your Mom, Dad, friend, cousin, classmate about your top three talents.
  34. What would happen if animals could talk? What questions would you like to ask them?
  35. Imagine that you can become invisible whenever you wanted to? What are some of the things you would do?
  36. What would you do if you were in the middle of the lake and your boat springs a leak?
  37. What would you do if you could fly?
  38. What would you do if you suddenly woke up in another country and no one could understand a word you said!
  39. Write a poem about your favorite person, animal, or place.
  40. Write a story from the perspective of a rabbit going down a hole.  What does the rabbit experience, see and feel?
  41. How does it feel to be a snowflake?
  42. Imagine you are a mountain and you are sitting and watching the world.  What have you seen in your lifetime?
  43. What dangers would you face if you were a chipmunk? How would you overcome them?

♡ Ms. Rothe